Participants: New Senior Leaders
Format: 90-minute monthly meetings via Zoom
Schedule: November to May: Second Friday of each month, 12:00-1:30 PM
This course is designed for seasoned professionals who have recently assumed or intend to assume a new senior leadership role. Participants will include potential successors to the CEO, executives recently promoted to a new leadership position or anticipating a promotion or job change with significant additional responsibilities, a family business owner in line for a newly expanded role, and founders of a new business or non-profit,
Adapting our psychodynamic consulting lens to a seminar format, this course aims to help leaders be better prepared to manage the unique challenges and tensions they will face in their new positions of responsibility.
Through a combination of readings, case presentations, and sharing of experiences we will explore the following topics, among others:
- Does vision matter? Differences between managers and leaders
- What does “lonely at the top” really mean, and what are its consequences?
- Dealing effectively with the pressure of followers: the concepts of transference and projection
- Overcoming “imposter syndrome”
- BART: (Boundary, Role, Authority, Task)
- The dynamics of succession
Deadline for enrollment: November 1
For enrollment or more information, please contact Dr. Steve Rolfe at email@example.com